The PADI ReActivate with WEST SHORE SCUBA
Has it been a while since you’ve been scuba diving? Do you feel like your scuba skills and knowledge are a bit rusty? The Scuba Review Tune-up is just the refresher you need. It reacquaints you with diving so that you're back to feeling comfortable in the underwater world in less than a day.
The Fun Part
Brush up on your scuba knowledge and skills. Improve your diving ability, and get your scuba gear ready for your next scuba vacation or diving holiday.
What you Learn
You go over scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training with the WEST SHORE SCUBA Team or online. Then, practice fundamental skills in a pool or a confined water area. You review:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
The Scuba Review course is particularly beneficial if you:
- Are a PADI Open Water Diver course referral student who wants a refresher prior to making your open water training dives
- Are a PADI Scuba Diver who wants to upgrade to Open Water Diver
- Just haven’t scuba dived in a while and want to get familiar again
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear. Check with WEST SHORE SCUBA about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find everything you need at WEST SHORE SCUBA.
The Learning Materials You Need
Quickly and effectively review scuba diving fundamentals with PADI’s Online Re-active program. Begin by answering a few questions related to dive safety, problem management and dive planning. For example:
- What are the five steps in a pre-dive safety check?
- What is the maximum depth limit for all recreational diving?
- What are the signs and symptoms of decompression sickness?
- At 12meters/ 40 feet a diver runs out of air. Her buddy is more than 60 feet away, what should she do?
Here's how to get started:
1) Click here to sign up for E-learning!
2) Contact the West Shore YMCA at 717-737-9622 to get registered for the 1st Tuesday of Each Month Refresher Scuba Class pool session.
3) Email email@example.com or call 717-836-7699 to let us know what size gear we will need for your class.
To take Scuba Review, you must Have
- a scuba diver certification or be enrolled in a scuba certification course
- Be at least 12 years old